Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Thank you and Good News

Two great things happened to me yesterday, and I would like to share these with you.

Our friends, Dr. Bess Marshall and Dr. Neil White, have been placed on the Best Pediatricians List in America for 2014! They are my wonderful colleagues and working on Wolfram syndrome together with me. I felt so happy yesterday. I always feel honored to work with wonderful colleagues at Washington University and other institutions in the world to find a cure for Wolfram syndrome.

My former trainee who is currently a staff scientist at UCSF and I gave lectures in the same session at a scientific meeting. I gave a lecture on Wolfram syndrome, and my former trainee, Rajarshi Ghosh, described a new small molecule that can be used for the treatment of ER stress-related diseases, including diabetes and retinitis pigmentosa. I was very proud of Rajarshi and his accomplishments. I was so happy.

I felt grateful yesterday, and still feel grateful today. I feel that something wonderful is going to happen. I hope you will have a wonderful day.