Friday, August 29, 2014

I feel grateful because...

I receive a few hundred emails from patients with Wolfram syndrome and diabetes every week. As I mentioned in my previous blogs, I respond to every single email. It is my privilege to work for you. So please feel free to contact me.

I was grateful yesterday. I had a few meetings, and I could feel that things are going into the right direction. The unmet medical needs should be fulfilled and patients should receive the best care. On my way home, I remembered Dr. Rossini's words. He was my mentor. "Fumi, we should always offer help to our patients. Before they leave, please make sure if they still need help. Please make sure you offer help with compassion." He always emphasized the importance and power of "kindness" and "compassion".

I hope you will have a wonderful weekend. Thank you for reading this. I am here for you.