Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Keep on moving forward

I thought a lot about how to create HOPE for patients suffering from Wolfram and other rare conditions during the Labor day weekend. If I were a patient, what would I want? These are the three things that I came up with.

1. Compassionate physicians who know how to manage the conditions.
2. Drugs that can stop the progression.
3. Therapies replacing the damaged tissues.


I think we have #1. Our friend, Dr. Bess Marshall, and her colleagues at the St. Louis Children's Hospital know a lot about Wolfram now. Our friend, Dr. Tammy Hershey, organized a research clinic, which helped these physicians learn about Wolfram syndrome. We need more physicians in different states and countries. 

How about #2 and #3? I feel that #2 is getting closer. #3 requires the development of regenerative medicine center. I am working on both.

Thank you for reading this. I hope you will have a wonderful day.