Sunday, September 28, 2014

Soluble factors for regenerative medicine 2

I received several questions related to my blog of September 26, 2014.
http://wolframsyndrome.blogspot.com/2014/09/soluble-factors.html

How can we utilize MANF, a natural soluble factor produced in our body, to protect and proliferate remaining beta cells and neurons? 
The key is to understand how MANF simulates the proliferation and enhances the function of remaining tissues. It seems like there are two independent mechanisms. There are two different mediators for MANF in our body. Thus, our goal is to develop two different types of small molecules to enhance the functions of endogenous MANF. Another option is to inject recombinant MANF. Because of several scientific reasons, we prefer small molecules at the moment.

Thank you for reading this blog. I hope you will have a wonderful and beautiful Sunday. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I am here for you. Take care, Fumi Urano