Sunday, June 17, 2012

From Dream to Action


Last year, I attended the Wolfram syndrome clinic and workshop. Patients with Wolfram syndrome develop juvenile-onset diabetes and neurodegenaration. I gave a lecture and could connect with people with the same cause. I was inspired and encouraged by all the participants because of the following reasons.

1. From Dream to Action
All the patients, their families and doctors share the same cause, which is to find a cure for the disease. All of us have the same dream. More importantly, all of us are actively taking action to make the dream come true. I have been impressed by Stephanie and Beth who are mothers of Wolfram patients. I was also encouraged by Kip Branch, a head of the Wolfram syndrome patients' association.

2. Strong supporting team
We have great supporters who work very hard to raise awareness of the disease and money for our research.

3. Strong leadership
We have a strong leader, Dr. Alan Permutt.

Thank you everyone!